An underfloor heating system is divided into three categories: electric, hydronic and air-heated flooring systems.
- Solar-heated flooring applications are rarely used. They work on the solar energy, which can not be used in the evenings.
- Electric flooring system uses electric mats or cables that are placed below the hard wood surface or tiled flooring.
- In Hydronic flooring system, the pumps are used to transport the water from the water boiler or heater through the tubes that are installed benefit the floor.
The electric flooring systems are more popular because they are simple and easy to install and require no maintenance at all. Here are the few reasons why Underfloor heating is so so much in demand:
- The entire floor becomes warm, without any cold spots.
- The heat that is radiated from the system warms up the surface, and then it gets radiated uniformly
- Stone or wood wooden floors feel warm when you walk bare feet on them.
- Conduction takes place, which means the heat radiated from the heaters is transferred directly to one body from another.
Benefits of underfloor heating system are:
- Unlike other radiators and old heating devices, these underfloor heaters do not require additional space. So, you can place your furniture wherever you want and it is quite suitable for small homes.
- The underfloor heating systems can be set according to the temperature outside during the day and night.
- You also can place them in your bathrooms, as it has proper waterproof protection.
- They can be installed under any kind of floor coverings like carpets, tiled and others.
- Different kinds of electric underfloor heating kits are available to suit your budget.
- Cheap and easy to fix in new houses or extensions.
- Economical and simple to mount during renovation.
- You simply have to pay for the thermostat to be installed in each zone.
- There is no maintenance or repairing cost.
- These electric underfloor heating kits come with about 25 years of warranty and thermostats for 2 years.
- There is no noise, as it works silently. (Both pumps and boilers are silent).
These heating devices are advertised by the manufactures as do-it-yourself packages. However, it is advisable to hire an electrician.
Several electric heating kits come with a timer that can be turned on and off during it peak usage. For example, if the owner of the house generally makes use of the bathroom at 6 am and leaves the house at 9 pm, then the timer can be automatically set to start the heating at 5:45 am, which takes around 15 minutes to warm up the floor and shut it off at 9:15 am.
In this way, each room can be controlled individually. Modern underfloor heating arrangement is a wise decision made by many of the house owners because it is affordable, reliable and eco-friendly. So, if you are looking for something to suit your budget, then buy these heaters and just enjoy its benefits during the winters.