Well-designed bathrooms should be able to meet all the needs of family members. If it does not, then it means that it needs to be renovated. Here are some tips that you need to think about before you remodel your home's bathrooms –
Prepare Before You You Remodel
- It is important to make a list of all your family's requirements. Together with this list, write down also your budget options, scout markets and exhibitions. This comprehensive list will be most useful when you are out to track the latest trends as well as supply availability.
- Read interior design magazines and consult with friends and family. Cut out photographs of bathroom remodels that caught your fancy. Again, make a short list of the bathroom plans that seem to work for you.
- Next, be sure to measure the bathroom and make the necessary adjustments on the bathroom remodeling plan. As you do this, be sure to plan where items will be placed in the future. Consider where to install the electrical points as well as key pieces such as the tub, vanity table or showercase.
- If plumbing needs to be relocated, be sure to work around plumbing points instead. This is the most cost efficient way to do it. Be sure to ask a plumber also for professional advice.
- Install beautiful light fittings around a mirror. This can totally change the ambience inside the bathroom. To get the most ideal setting, hire a licensed electrician as well as a reputable interior designer to do the job for you.
- Get out of your comfort zone by painting the bathroom walls instead of having it covered with the usual tiles. If needs be, ask a painter's advice in choosing colors or how to mix different shades. You can also use wallpaper on dry areas.
- Make good use of shower curtains, rugs, bathmats, napkins, towels or window blinds. Just make sure to stick with the bathroom color scheme.
- Make space for the cabinets. A beautiful sink vanity complete with cabinets or the wall-mounted types are both good options for bathroom storage.
- Do not think that artwork is only supposed to go on living room or bedroom walls. The bathroom can also be the perfect place for the right kinds of paintings. In the absence of art work, you can always use wicker baskets, candles, vases, or potpourri.
- Be a minimalist inside the bathroom. Do not let too many accessories get in the way of your good taste.
Install a Portaloo
Do you have another bathroom or toilet while the renovation is being done? Remember that you still have to do your thing even during the renovation so better set up a temporary bathroom.
Plot the Details Then Select Bathware Pieces
Now that you have done the necessary steps to prepare the bathroom for renovation, the next thing that you need to do is to make a list of must-haves during the revamp. The fundamentals are a good-sized tub and lots of storage. Underfloor heating or rainshower should be categorized under splurges or desires.
Plan for an uncluttered and pristine layout. Make use of clever storage. If you do not know how to go about creating more space or how to make the bathroom more inviting, be sure to ask for an interior designer's advice. Mirrored wall cabinets and recessed niches are now easy to install.
Use neutral and other light shades for the tiniest bathrooms . If you have a larger bathroom to work on, then you have the leeway to use brighter or darker shades.
Choose from the different shower systems in the market. Would you want a freestanding bath tub? Then the planning stage is the perfect time to make that choice.
Plan also for ventilation in order to prevent mold and mildew.